Sunday, February 12, 2012

199 Days.

It's been one hundred and ninety-nine days since I have returned from South Africa, and the thought of that place STILL brings me to tears. Some days I just break down...I can't even stop the tears that pour down my face. The things I once categorized as a need have clearly become wants, and daily my passion for missions ignites into a larger flame. I miss it, I miss everything about it. It's like my heart is tied there, I CAN NOT wait to go back!

Recently Jordan (my fiance) and I found out that we did not get a job at a camp we wanted to work at this summer, but we have both been at peace about it and after I found out my first thought was Africa. In the past two days my heart has been racing with excitement at the thought of going back sooner than 2013. I feel God has been sending me little hints that lean towards us going. So, my soon to be Husband and I's return to Africa may be sooner than we think! We have this call to drop everything and go...August/September?? It is so possible!! ...Lord, reveal your plan so we may follow.

God is really working in my life and in the lives around me! Watching His grace, His love, and His spirit move has been fascinating. I know that no matter where at in this world I am placed, God is using my joy and love to reach out to others. Lord keep using me for your kingdom and your glory!

This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine!
With Love, Alissa Rene

No comments:

Post a Comment