Saturday, July 16, 2011

So Many Blessings


A few weeks ago we walked up to Village of Hope where Megan volunteered at last year. These are two of the little boys that live there. They were so excited to show me around and loved the camera!


Even with such poverty and pain here the mountains are breathtaking!! This is Dias Beach at Cape Point. Rachel, James, and I walked down to that beach...the sand was perfect, hardly any footsteps in it. The sound of the waves crashing along the rocks...amazing moment. God is so rich in his beauty! 



ME AND THE BABOONS!!! Gerrit stopped the car for us so we could take a few pictures! They are everywhere...equivalent to the amount of deer we have back home. Deer run in front of our cars...baboons run in front of theirs. 


One of the many penguins along the shore!



I love these girls!!! Gerrit and Ami's children...well half of them: Sisipo, Me, Elizabeth, Nina, and Avusie! We taught them how to play the game Signs, and it was our ritual every night! 


Doing Therapy with Little Miss Faith! She lives at the Asphie` House. Such an adorable little girl! Doesn't smile that often but when she does she lights up your face! Everyday after breakfast we spend a couple of hours doing therapy on the children and Range of Motion exercises! My favorite part of the day!!! God has definitely shown me that an Occupational therapist is for sure what I should be doing! Thank you Lord for putting that desire in my heart!!!!! <3 


After our Craft Day we held for the children at Agape 4, we had our first little service project...cleaning the school! We swept and mopped and had fun doing it! 


A house in the township. No picture will ever show what my eyes saw that day walking in the township. My heart broke into pieces. I will never say I am poor again...I will never say I am starving...I will never forget what God opened my eyes to that day. This house is actually one of the more in shape homes. As we walked through the town I just felt disgusted with myself. I am such a selfish person. How have I been so selfish? These people have nothing...they wake up everyday and wonder if they will be able to have a meal today. How sad is that! I eat because I can...they eat when they can. 
A few houses down a mother was giving her baby a bath in this pan outside...in the cold and most likely in cold water. Water is not just in the houses...they have to walk to go get it, and it's not clean water. I have never stopped and thanked the Lord for hot water and running clean water until that moment when I saw that mother look up at me with the sunlight hitting her face and sadness in her eyes and as she looked back down at her baby my heart twisted.  


These beautiful children saw our camera's and one by one they came up and lined up to get there picture taken! After I took this picture even more kids and some adults grouped up for a photo! Something so little to us, and to them brought such excitement! Their faces just lit up when they looked at the screen and saw the pictures of themselves!



 Walking on the road through the township. Children play in the streets and dogs roam around. Dogs are like wolves here...and they are everywhere! The children usually smile at us as we pass and wave at them, but some are so broken they stare at us with their broken, hurting hearts.  


On the way to the BEACH we stopped to get gas. The gas station window had this in it! ha ha! If they only knew what our winters were like! 


At the beach with the Kids from Agape 2! Had so much fun in the sun! Water was nice and refreshing every time it swept over our feet! The children loved it as well! One of the little 4 year old girls grabbed my hand saying "Tannie! Tannie!" (which means auntie) and would run with me in the waves! It was her first time ever going to the beach...so happy I spent it with her!  


All the kiddos from Asiphe`!!! 16 beautiful blessings God has touched my life with! So beautiful outside we took them all out and enjoyed the sunshine all morning. We even fed them outside! Thank you Lord for Sunshine!!!


Farrah. Beautiul Girl! Trying to make her smile during therapy.

<3<3<3

Everything I am doing is for Christ. 
Every opportunity that comes my way I will take.
I have 2 weeks left here and I am not about to miss a single moment!

Thank you for all your prayers and support! 

THIS LITTLE LIGHT OF MINE...I AM LETTING IT SHINE! 

No comments:

Post a Comment